Monday, November 23, 2015

Why You Should Be More Important Than Anyone Else


“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Many people do not like to put themselves before others but you should know that it is okay to be a little selfish and take care of yourself. I'm constantly being asked how I find the time to get up and do my hair and makeup and dress nicely to look good for absolutely nothing. I'm always being asked, "Who are you trying to look good for?" and when I respond, people are always shocked with my answer. My answer is always that I try looking good for myself. I'm not saying that in order to feel good about yourself, you need to make yourself look good. Because everybody is different and has different things that make them feel good about themselves but that is what makes me feel good about myself. I personally enjoy pampering myself with a massage every once and a while... Or even getting a facial or taking a nice and relaxing bubble bath. I love doing things like that because I love to take the time for myself to reflect on my life and my goals that I am still pursuing.

I am not trying to impress anybody by doing my hair or my makeup. It just makes me happy and I have fun doing it. And I'd rather wake up a half an hour earlier to be able to make myself feel good.

Everyone should know that it is okay to take care of yourself and set out what I call "Me Time." It's something that I feel everybody needs. Especially after a long day of work or school. Even working out is something that I consider "Me Time." Because I am improving myself and I want to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be.

By taking care of yourself and putting yourself first every once and a while it helps relieve stress and relax... and it even helps build your confidence!

Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by the amount of school work that I have with the amount of hours I have from working and all it takes is 30 minutes for me to just walk away from it all and forget about it all to try and lift those bricks off of my shoulders. We are only human and it is not healthy to be so stressed out and not take any time for yourself.

Advice for when you're overwhelmed with stress:
1) Take 30 minutes out of your day and do something that you love that is positive! Whether or not it's exercising or taking a warm bubble bath or doing your hair differently... do it.
2) Grab a pencil & a piece of paper and make a chart. Make a chart with one side stating your problems and stresses and the other side stating how you can fix it or make it better. Take that piece of paper and post it somewhere where you will see it often such as the mirror in your bathroom or your refrigerator. By seeing that piece of paper everyday, it should help encourage you and push you more towards your goals and by mapping it all out, it makes it much easier to accomplish due to the fact that it is just more organized.

Goal setting is a great trait to have. One of my goals that I am currently working on to set some time for myself is that I am saving money for a vacation. Nothing is more relaxing than going away to a beautiful island and sitting on a beach sipping some lemonade :)


So think about yourself a little more...

The most important thing to remember is to believe in yourself & have faith in your abilities because the only thing that could hold you back is yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment