Monday, November 9, 2015

My Experience Competing For Miss New Jersey USA



I apologize for the delay in blogs guys! These past two months have been so extremely busy for me that I barely even had time to sleep and now that I have caught up with all of my work and rest... I can now share my lovely experience that I had a little over 3 weeks ago.

About 3 weeks ago was the weekend that I left to compete for the title of Miss NJ USA. This wasn't my first time competing. It was actually my third time competing and it was one of the best experiences that I have ever had! The Miss NJ USA pageant is a part of the Miss Universe Organization so if you win the title of Miss NJ USA, you go on to compete for the title of Miss USA and if you win Miss USA, you go on to compete for the title of Miss Universe.

The Miss Universe Organization is the most prestige pageant that you could possibly be in and being able to be apart of it has been a huge honor. Being in this pageant has taught me many things about myself that I never knew before competing. It helped me choose the career path that I wanted to pursue and it has helped me network with many well known people that I would not know today if it wasn't for this pageant.

Many people have a misperception on beauty pageants and think that they're all about beauty and they're not. They're about who you are as a person, what you stand for, and what you believe in and want to be. They're not like what you see when you watch Toddlers and Tiaras... especially since we are teens and adults and not children. Our parents aren't there running around having panic attacks and screaming at each other because we lost a bobby pin. Our parents aren't even there for the most part until we are onstage. But what I love the most about beauty pageants is the friends that I have made from competing throughout the years. Many people have the misperception that we hate each other because we are competing with one another but we don't. We absolutely love each other and support one another and we always keep in-touch throughout the year when we aren't even close to competition season.

We gain many opportunities by winning a pageant. When you win, you are considered a role model and you will make endless appearances to many different events such as going to children's hospitals and attending other charity events. We do a lot of community service and one of the things that I would love to do if I were to win is to visit a children's hospital and bring them presents or candy to make their day. Many of the children like to play with your sash or crown because it makes them feel like a princess and I would love to be able to make a child's day like that.

We also gain a lot of publicity do to the fact that we appear on television and go to many appearances and that helps us career wise. Especially if you are into Broadcast Journalism like I am. It can be a great start to your career and good training for it as well since you get used to being on stage and constantly being interviewed and asked questions.

One thing that is phenomenal about pageants is the scholarship prizes. If you win a pageant or even place in the top 15, you win a very large scholarship and it has given many girls the opportunity to go to school when they really could not afford it.

Although I did not win, it was an amazing experience and I hope that I am lucky enough to be able to experience it again next year :)
I recommend that every girl does a pageant at least once in their lifetime. Not only is it an extreme confidence booster but you end up having a great time, build long-lasting friendships, and create memories that you will remember for the rest of your life!

All of the girls competing for the title of Miss New Jersey USA 2016! Spot me? :)


Me with a few of the girls who competed with me:



















This is me competing in the swimsuit competition:





































Me and my best friend Kasey who came to support me :




































Me and Miss New Jersey USA 2015, Vanessa Oriolo!




































Me and my favorite news reporter from CBS 3 news, Jim Donovan!




































Congratulations to Miss New Jersey USA 2016, Jessielyn Palumbo!
I couldn't think of anybody more deserving to have this title than you! I remember seeing you in your gown and I told you that you were going to win and I'm SO glad that I was right! :)
I cannot wait to see you compete for the title of Miss USA! You could totally take it! Good luck with the rest of your year! 

Thanks for reading everyone!
Xoxo,
Amanda 
Follow me!
Instagram: amanda__saez
Twitter: @amanda__saez
(Both usernames are with two underscores) 
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment